Charcoal BBQ has been the very Korean way of grilling meat. While most of the Korean B.B.Q restaurants are using gas, many restaurants in Korea still remain the very original and traditional way-charcoal B.B.Q as much as we do here at Chang BBQ. Meat grilled in a charcoal grill has a distinct smoky feel to it that connoisseurs feel can never be found in meat cooked on gas grills. Here are a few more advantages of using a charcoal grill, which make it the favorite of most professional chefs.
Advantages of Charcoal Grill BBQ
- It cooks the meat slowly and over a long period of time, due to which the meat retains its tenderness and remains moist.
- The slow and continuous exposure to heat due to slow cooking, causes the fat in the food to liquefy and get separated from the meat. This way the meat gets rid of excess fat and hence, calories!
- Nutrients like proteins, vitamins and minerals present in the meat remain intact and hence, the end product is much more nutritious.
- With a charcoal grill, the temperature of the fire is much higher as compared to a gas grill (as high as 500°F), due to which the food is exposed to more heat. This ensures that the food is properly cooked even on the inside.
- A big advantage of using charcoal grills is that not only can you control the temperature of the grill, but also shift the coals to change the temperature of different spots on the grill.
- Charcoal grills are the cheapest among all types of grills.
- Charcoal grills are portable and easier to carry as compared to the other types.
Retrieved from : Buzzle – Benefits of Charcoal Grills